The best underrated places to meet introverts
Are you growing weary of dating advice that’s not meant for introverted men like you? When you’re wondering where to meet introverts, popular suggestions like bars and clubs are simply not a great way to meet women.
To find a good match for you uniquely, seek out locations and situations where you feel comfortable. Doing so gives you the best chance to break the ice and see if that potential match could grow into a long term relationship!
Today, we’re going to explore four top suggestions for where to meet introverts:
From places that suit your interests to calling on a mutual friend or using an online dating app, we’ve distilled all your options to the most promising.
By the end of this post, you will be much more comfortable with playing to your strengths as you discover where to meet introverts.
The role of location and confidence in meeting women
When you pick a place you feel comfortable in and the right moment comes, you can trust yourself to act confidently!
Now, let’s dive in and explore the best places to meet introverts!
1. At a bookstore or library
A place full of stories already carries a romantic, whimsical atmosphere, prime for meeting someone special! For intellectual introverted men wondering where to meet introverts like themselves, a bookstore or library can be the perfect place.
Unlike other locations, there isn’t a socially expected timeline. You can…
- Arrive whenever you like,
- Stay as long as you want,
- Browse through intriguing titles,
- Skim whatever books most interest you, and
- Sit down to read the one that catches your eye.
All of this is a fun outing in itself, and the best part?
Women at bookstores are notoriously easy to chat with because you have so many casual ways to start a conversation! For example…
- “I noticed you looking at some of Emily Dickinson’s poems. What’s your favorite?”
- “You seem to be enjoying that book! Do you mind if I ask what you’re reading?”
- “You like ______? So do I!” (insert genre, author, or title)
Remember, what you say is less important than how you say it. Stay relaxed, keep your voice low if the environment is quiet, and let your enthusiastic interest come through in your tone and nonverbal communication!
2. In a coffee shop or quiet cafe
We recommend choosing a special, locally owned location. (Pro Tip: Aim for a spot with a more uniquely charming atmosphere than Starbucks!)
Even if a woman isn’t looking to meet anyone at that moment, she may be drawn in by your pleasant ambiance and easy confidence.
At Introverted Alpha, we love small coffee shops because they seem to take on their own personalities! Test out a few different spots in town and see which one best matches your vibe.
Choose a place where you can feel at ease as you connect with a woman who…
- Stands by you in line,
- Sits at a table nearby, or
- Starts packing up to leave at the same time as you.
As you discover special places in your city, add new options you find to your growing list of where to meet women!
3. Through a mutual friend
Leveraging your social circle is one of the wisest approaches you can take to meeting women!
Why is that?
- Your friends’ complex networks are a rich, dynamic resource you can draw from.
- A set-up or introduction by a mutual friend creates so much warmth and trust compared to meeting a total stranger.
- You already have something in common because you know the same person.
- Your friend can help guide you away from women who may not be a great fit for you and toward the kind of woman you’re looking for!
You may be wondering, “What do I do if the social circles I have access to don’t include any women I’d want to date?”
Think about the situation this way:
Let’s say you currently have five friends you see somewhat regularly. You’ve been introduced to two of their friends through shared hobbies or interests.
Although those connections don’t include anyone you necessarily want to date right now, those same friends of your friends have other friends. And in that category, there very well may be someone who would be a great fit for you!
Basically, when you embrace making new friends and you’re open to meeting anyone (not just attractive women), you never know who might be able to make an introduction that could change your life.
4. On an online dating app
There are so many benefits to online dating sites and apps!
All venues have their own unique challenges, and the online landscape is no exception. However, dating apps have many benefits that can go underappreciated. Online, you can easily…
- Filter through possible matches by their interests and personality types before you start a conversation,
- Skip face-to-face interactions until you feel ready, and
- Build connections with women from the comfort of your own home.
We recommend getting started on an app like Hinge because the platform is easy to navigate, includes an excellent experience for free with optional paid upgrades, and fosters deeper connections than some competing apps.
Final advice for those wondering where to meet introverts
Your Next Steps
Here’s what to do next to make sure your dating and leadership skills keep improving:
- For more advice about where to meet women, read this article for some different suggestions in addition to the ones we explored today!
- Download our free ebook, “Why PUA Doesn’t Work for Introverts & What Works Instead” to build these dating skills on a foundation of confidence!
- For in-depth personalized 1:1 support, consider our Launch Your Dating Life program.
Do you want the guidance of your very own Introverted Alpha woman dating coach to…
- Be and feel sexually attractive,
- Meet and connect with great women, and
- Fill your dating funnel with quality dates?
Launch Your Dating Life is our 12-week high-touch, comprehensive program that will help you do all of the above (and more!), all while feeling more like yourself than ever!