Simple ways for how to get a girl’s phone number without asking for it
Have you ever enjoyed a conversation with a woman and then felt a slight twinge of disappointment as it naturally drew to a close, without you having exchanged contact information?
When that happens, you have two options:
- Let the moment pass you by and perhaps never see her again, or
- Reach past your comfort zone and get her number so you can see more of her!.
#2 is the obvious choice, but what should you say? Great news: you can go direct or indirect!
While a direct approach can feel bold, many introverted men prefer a subtle approach to exchanging contact information with a woman they’ve just met.
Today, we’re going to let you in on a little secret you can tuck away: how to get a girl’s phone number without asking.
Some magic to help you discover how to get a girl’s phone number without asking
There’s one vital trait that you need in order to get a woman’s contact info.
Now, let’s dive in and find out how to get a girl’s phone number without asking!
The #1 way for how to get a girl’s phone number without asking for it
If you want a woman to offer you her number voluntarily without you asking for it directly, here’s what you can do:
Although it may sound counterintuitive, you don’t need to drop hints that you want her number.
Rather, you’ll conveniently make a suggestion, and in order for it to happen, she’ll need to give you her number.
In this mindset, getting her number isn’t the goal; seeing each other again is the goal, and exchanging phone numbers is the means to that end. This takes so much pressure off of getting her contact info!
(If you’re curious why technology can make dating feel a bit complicated, you can read more about the psychological impact of phones.)
Now, you may be wondering, “How will this work?”
Consider this scenario:
After some small talk in line for coffee, you find yourself enjoying further conversation with a woman about the art hanging on the walls as you wait for the barista to call your names. Come to find out, she loves art and enjoys painting as a hobby.
She’s kind, cute, and very conversational. You don’t want the moment to pass you by, so you ask if she’d want to go check out the new exhibit at the art museum with you sometime.
She sounds excited to go with you, and before you know it, she’s either offering you her phone number or asking for yours!
Depending on your situation, this conversation can unfold in several different ways.
Here are a few tips to help you navigate how to get a girl’s phone number without asking:
1. Gauge your own interest.
Just because you’re enjoying your conversation with a woman doesn’t mean you have to get her number.
You only want to suggest a plan that requires an exchange of phone numbers if you are genuinely interested in her.
This helps ensure that you are acting out of true desire and authenticity rather than thinking in terms of “should.”
2. If you decide you want her number, keep listening for ways to suggest getting together.
In the coffee shop example above, art was a big part of the conversation, so suggesting an art museum visit made sense.
Follow that same contextual template to make a suggestion based on what y’all are already talking about! Here are a few more examples:
- If she mentions that she has a dog and loves animals, ask if she’d want to go to the zoo.
- If she enjoys music, offer to take her to a local concert or jazz bar.
- And if she likes being active, suggest a stroll around a nice park or catching a baseball game.
3. Remember that it’s what happens BEFORE you get her number that truly counts.
In the same way that you need to get in touch with your level of interest in a woman, she’ll need the opportunity to do that too!
If the vibe is flowing well (she’s smiling a lot, you’re picking up on some good chemistry, and her body language indicates interest), these are wonderful green lights to drop some hints!
Conclusion on how to get a girl’s phone number without asking for it
Now that you know how to reframe your approach and reprioritize what’s important while in conversation with a woman, you’ll find that the answer to how to get a girl’s phone number without asking is surprisingly simple.
Your Next Steps
To make sure your dating and leadership skills keep improving, here’s what to do next!
- Find out what to do after you get her number via this article: Texting A Girl For The First Time: What To Say, And When?
- Download our free ebook, “Why PUA Doesn’t Work for Introverts & What Works Instead” to build unshakeable, irresistible confidence!
- Right now, you have a limited-time opportunity to get support directly from Introverted Alpha’s founder, Sarah! If you’re seeing this post on or before November 24, 2021, check out our program Meet More Women In-Person and join before the deadline of the 24th at 11:59 PT!
Inside Meet More Women In-Person, get a whole year of personalized feedback and support as you build a relaxed sense of confidence, start meeting women in your daily life, and build chemistry with the ones you’re most interested in.