How to figure out if she likes me
If you’ve ever wondered, “Are you flirting with me?” then you know that gauging a woman’s level of romantic interest in you is definitely more of an art than a science.
That’s because most flirting (especially at the beginning) happens nonverbally.
Only when those nonverbal cues have been received and reciprocated frequently or intensely enough does the flirting usually become verbal.
That’s why we’re focusing on the nonverbal hints of flirting today:
- Facial expressions,
- Eye contact, and
- Body language cues.
If you’re an introverted man wondering, “Are you flirting with me?” and aren’t sure where to start, you’ve come to the right place!
Why do you need to build confidence first?
Without confidence, it’s next to impossible to read someone’s flirting signs accurately.
Now, let’s dive in!
With 42 individual facial muscles impacting the way we express our thoughts on our faces, it’s no wonder people can be a bit challenging to read!
Here are a few facial expressions that suggest she’s interested. She…
- Smiles or laughs very readily when you’re speaking.
- Seems extra joyful, enthusiastic, or upbeat when you’re around.
- Acts relaxed and at ease near you.
- Bites or licks her lips periodically.
- Seems pleasant and content to be talking to you.
Although so many facial muscles should make her flirting obvious, the truth is that some women are more reserved than others when it comes to sharing romance and desire. For example, a woman who’s less extroverted or expressive may be more subtle in this category!
Eye contact is an essential part of dating because the visual sense is dominant for most people, making it a very important part of nonverbal communication.
Here are some eye contact behaviors that indicate she’s flirting. She…
- Catches your eye while your surroundings seem to fade into the background.
- Looks for you when she isn’t right by you.
- Listens intently and makes eye contact when you’re speaking.
- Glances at you frequently when you’re in a group to let you know she’s thinking about you.
Different women are comfortable with varying amounts and durations of eye contact. Although that leaves some gray area here, the best step you can take is to consider these tips in context with the messages you’re getting from her body language and facial expressions!
Body language cues
Just like eye contact and facial expressions, body language is yet another nonverbal aspect of flirting that cannot be understated.
Happily, bodies can sometimes be a more obvious indicator than the face or eyes, which are smaller areas comparatively.
These body language signs can help you pick up on a woman’s flirtatious hints. She…
- Maintains an open stance toward you.
- Moves objects that are between you subtly out of the way.
- Gravitates toward you in social settings.
- Does something for you without you asking her to.
- Touches you gently.
- Pulls her chair closer to yours.
- Twirls her hair absentmindedly.
- Warms to your touch, seeming to melt into it or absorb it.
- Mirrors your body language subconsciously.
- Goes in for a hug when you’re about to part ways.
These are wonderful indicators that she’s into you!
Last tips to know if she’s flirting with you
Now that you know how to read her eye contact, facial expressions, and body language, you’ll be able to choose your next move with confidence!
Your Next Steps
To improve your dating and leadership skills even further, here’s what to do:
- What about when a girl asks, “Are you flirting with me?” For what to do in that case and more, check out our plethora of articles about flirting.
- Download our free ebook, “Why PUA Doesn’t Work for Introverts & What Works Instead” to discover what draws women to you and build confidence.
- For more personalized support, consider our First Touch To First Kiss program.
You’ll learn the 10-step seamless sequence to…
- earning her trust,
- building chemistry, and
- always knowing what to do next.
First Touch To First Kiss is a powerful self-paced program that allows you to absorb and integrate the material in your own personal timing. Learn more and join here for instant access!