How to get women to respond to your messages
The wonderful thing about online dating is that you can connect with way more potential matches than you normally would in your daily life.
It’s also a laid-back way to practice conversational skills that translate beautifully into real-life interactions!
However, many introverted men have shared with us that they struggle to send effective messages to women online. They either don’t get a response at all, or when they do, the conversation can seem flat.
If that sounds familiar, you’re in the right place.
Today, we’re sharing our fool-proof formula for online dating messages that work, as well as other tips for establishing great connections!
The intersection of online dating and personal confidence
Now, let’s dive in!
The 3-step formula for online dating messages that work
We love this simple formula because it’s customizable, personable, and authentic:
- Awesome X.
- You seem Y.
- I like that because Z.
When you notice a specific detail about her and develop the conversation from there, you prove that you…
- care enough to pay attention to her profile, bio, and/or photos,
- think deeply and proactively, and
- are interested in forming a real connection.
Starting with what you like about her shows her that you’re respectful of her time and confident in what you’re looking for. It also opens all kinds of options for her response, so she’ll feel both flattered AND excited to respond!
The 3-step formula in action
Even with a step-by-step formula, it can be helpful to have a tangible example. Here are two ways the 3-step formula could be applied to write online dating messages that work!
- Hi Angelica. That’s a great photo of you in your art studio. You seem like you’re very creative. I like that. I’ve taken some painting classes and really enjoyed them!
- Hey there, Morgan. I noticed that you’re into volleyball (me too!). You seem like a very athletic and sociable person. I like that because health and fitness are so important!
All you have to do to adapt this formula to fit your message is look at her profile, find something interesting, and let her know why you like that.
It’s much more personal and interesting than a “Hey, how are you?” message! Just think… which one would you be more excited to respond to?
Quick tips to for online dating messages that work
If you ever find yourself looking at an empty message box and the words won’t come, here are a few quick tips to help you get started:
- Refer back to our 3-step formula above.
- Keep your tone light and positive.
- Mention something that caught your attention.
- Ask a thoughtful question (maybe about one of her interests).
- Find common ground as quickly as possible.
- Share a joke or pun if you’re feeling playful.
- Get a little flirty (but keep it PG!).
- Establish rapport, and then steer the conversation toward planning a date.
Ultimately, the most important thing you can do to send online dating messages that work with the best women is this: tailor your message specifically for her.
You wouldn’t copy-paste a generic resume and send it to a potential employer, and the same rules apply here. If you want to be someone worth responding to, show her why you think she’s someone worth paying attention to.
When you begin your conversation with a personalized, authentic approach, you’ll love the results!
Final thoughts on messaging women online
Now that you know how to send online messages that work, you can enjoy the unique responses and connections that are sure to follow.
For more helpful tips on online dating, check out these articles:
- Easily Improve Your Online Dating Response Rate
- Online Dating For Introverted Men: 2021 Success Guide
- The Key To Getting Responses In Online Dating
Ready for your next steps?!
First, download our free ebook to find out what makes you uniquely attractive to women!
Next, check out our personalized program, Launch Your Dating Life.
This program will guide you step-by-step as you start to…
- Be and feel sexually attractive,
- Meet and connect with great women, and
- Get numbers and go on dates.
This 1:1 coaching program has helped many introverted men like you experience dating success while staying true to themselves. Learn more and apply here!