Wondering how to get matches on Hinge? With these helpful tips, you’ll be making quality matches in no time.
So, your profile is up and running, and you’re trying to figure out how to get matches on Hinge with quality women.
Perhaps you aren’t matching as much as you’d like, or when you do match, it isn’t the great fit you’d hoped for. If you’ve ever felt discouraged or wondered if you were doing something wrong, you aren’t alone. Many men feel the same way, and it’s understandable to feel disappointed when you aren’t getting the intended results.
Matching on Hinge can carry some subtle, nuanced challenges. Not to worry, because that’s exactly what we’re about to talk about today: simple Hinge hacks that are simple to implement.
Happily, these 7 quick fixes will yield the tangible results you’re hoping for: high quality matches more frequently.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Implementing helpful, attractive photo principles,
- Answering Hinge prompts and using comments well, and
- Making the most of your account.
By the end of this post, you will know exactly what to do to get meaningful matches on Hinge, all while being your authentic self.
Why are these 7 fixes so important in the first place?
These valuable suggestions are backed by research, insider knowledge of the Hinge app, and compelling psychological principles.
When you take a moment to update your profile based on these tips, you are much more likely to get great matches on Hinge. Additionally, you will gain a confidence boost when you start getting the results you’re hoping for.
Now, let’s dive in!
First, pick your photos thoughtfully.
Hinge users can upload 6 photos, so make the most of them! Since the app is built on an interactive ideology, women can comment directly on your profile sections as a way of reaching out. This means that your photos aren’t just worth a thousand words; they can also be gold mines for conversation starters.
It’s understandable to feel a little overwhelmed at the idea of choosing the perfect picture. Keep in mind that online daters (and people in general) value authenticity over perfection.
When you’re optimizing your Hinge profile to get quality matches, the very first priority is to make sure you’re portraying yourself authentically. There are a few ways you can choose photos, and there’s one question you need to ask yourself about each of the photos you share:
Does this photo create an opportunity for a match by (a) making me look fantastic, and/or (b) inspiring a message?
Reason being, getting matches on Hinge won’t improve your dating life if they aren’t rooted in something genuine.
Wondering where to start? Before picking your photos (or while evaluating the ones you’ve already posted), consider:
- What kind of image will lead to an authentic connection?
- How can you use your photos to tell a story?
- What’s something unique about you that helps you stand out?
When you select your photos with purpose, you’re setting yourself up for more matches on Hinge by seeming more approachable, interesting, and fun to talk to.
This step alone will encourage women to message you.
Now that you know how to approach picturing-choosing from a big-picture perspective (pun intended, lol!), it’s time to make sure your photos adhere to some basic guidelines that are statistically proven to increase your matches.
Follow these photo do’s and don’ts like your (dating) life depends on it.
Now that you’ve learned why certain pictures are more effective than others on Hinge on the macro level, it’s time to take it to the micro level: following simple guidelines of do’s and don’ts.
This helps you objectively evaluate which of your photos may not generate the results you hope for.
Keep in mind that you don’t need to delete every picture that contains the slightest deviation from these suggestions. This is just a tool to help you think through what might serve you well in some pictures and what could improve in others.
In general, here are some great suggestions:
- Double-check that your first photo clearly shows your face. Make sure you are smiling!
- Make eye contact with the camera in most of your pictures. A few candids are okay, too!
- Use recent photos that accurately portray who you are now.
- Showcase a variety of outfits in your photos. One of you in a suit is great to show your professional side!
- Note that an interesting background or location can inspire her to ask where your photo was taken.
- Feature your pet as a good way to start conversations and establish trust.
- Highlight relatable interests, lifestyle, and hobbies. She might like hiking just like you!
- If you include group shots, make sure the group is small enough so that it’s easy for her to pinpoint who you are.
- Ask for some honest feedback from your female friends, especially the ones who know you best.
- Use only high quality images.
On the other hand, here are some things to avoid:
- Avoid SnapChat filters or any edits or filters that don’t portray you authentically.
- Don’t upload photos of just you and one other woman (and don’t crop a woman out so that only her hair is showing!).
- While one or two selfies is okay, make sure that you include a variety of shots.
- If you’re wearing sunglasses or a hat, make sure to have others that clearly show your face.
- Keep your shirt on, unless you’re participating in a sport or activity where it’s not necessary.
If you’re looking to level up your photos, a great option is to plan a fun activity with family and ask them to snap a few pictures of you while you’re together. Alternatively, you can look into hiring a local photographer to get some great shots in a variety of outfits and scenarios.
Now that you’ve mastered your Hinge photos, it’s time for another fun part: making sure your true colors show through in your answers to the Hinge prompts!
Update Hinge prompts and improve your answers.
While your photos create the initial impression your potential matches see, maximizing your answers to Hinge’s questions will leave a powerful and positive impact on the women who are viewing your profile. This makes it more likely than ever that they’ll want to engage with you.
In the “My Story” section, Hinge offers more than 60 prompts that will help women get to know you. You simply respond to 3 prompts in 150 characters or less, and then the first one gets the spotlight on your page.
This is an opportunity for you to let your true personality shine. Here are a few tips to help you improve your answers:
- Choose your prompts just as thoughtfully as you chose your photos earlier.
- Consider which qualities you already have that are attractive to women. (Again, if you’re not sure, download our ebook!)
- Answer prompts in ways that showcase those traits rather than listing your qualities outright. For example, responding to a prompt about what you do in your spare time could reveal your love for volunteering at your local animal shelter.
Remember: everyone loves a good sense of humor. Many of Hinge’s prompts already create opportunities for funny anecdotes or memories, so don’t be shy sharing humorous moments.
Finally, remember to keep things upbeat and positive. Avoid prompts that may generate a negative response. After you’ve had a few dates, you’ll have the opportunity to tell her all about your most embarrassing moment! ;)
Now that you’re all set on how to best answer Hinge prompts, it’s time to learn how to make the most of your account.
Make the most of your Hinge account.
This fix will help you get as much as possible out of your account.
Happily, you don’t have to pay for a Hinge profile. Hinge gives free users 10 likes per day. If you want to make the most of your free experience, use all of your likes every 24 hours. If you do that every day in a 30-day month, you can be reaching out to 300 women!
Remember that it’s more about quality than quantity. That means you’ll want to invest the time to use your likes in a way that will foster an authentic connection.
When you leave a like, be sure to follow it up with an engaging comment (more on that in the next section!). By taking the time to put forth a little extra effort, you’ll start seeing the results you’re hoping for.
If you’re interested in the benefits that come with a paid plan, you can upgrade your account. After upgrading a Hinge account from the free plan to a paid membership, many users receive up to 300% more matches than they did on the free version.
On Hinge, a Preferred Membership comes with unlimited swipes, more filters, and access to a Hinge Expert. The pricing is about $20 per month, with cheaper options if you commit to multiple months up front.
Now that you know how to make the most of your membership, it’s time to dive into the art and science of leaving engaging comments on Hinge.
Leave engaging comments and watch the Hinge matches roll in.
The most important thing you can do to boost your matches on Hinge is to leave genuine comments. This is great because it provides lots of learning opportunities!
Additionally, it helps you stand out amongst the sea of men who aren’t leaving comments on women’s profiles.
To leave great comments on one of her prompt answers or photos, you can:
- Ask a question you’re genuinely curious about based on one of her interesting prompt answers.
- Give her opportunities to share more and encourage her to talk about herself.
- Share about a place the picture reminds you of or ask where it was taken.
- Mention something you like about a photo. For example, you can comment on the scenery or something you notice about her, such as her grace or warmth.
There are many more types of comments you can make or questions you can ask based on the context provided in what she shares.
She’ll feel excited to engage with you if she can see that you paid genuine attention and asked her individualized questions based on her profile, pictures, and answers to the prompts.
If she replies to your thoughtful comment, your connection is officially off to the races, and you two can start a conversation from there! If the conversation goes well, you can ask to exchange numbers to continue the conversation offline, which leads us to our next section: moving the conversation off of Hinge.
Move great conversations out of the virtual sphere.
Although this step might feel a bit intimidating, this is the reason you downloaded Hinge in the first place!
Even though your Hinge connections won’t expire, a match on Hinge isn’t truly a match if it never moves beyond the app.
It’s important to gauge the conversation so that you can ask for her number at the right time. Instead of asking for it in the first message, wait until you build up some attraction so you can see if the connection feels like it might be a good fit.
You can feel confident asking to exchange phone numbers if she’s:
- Being thoughtful, intentional, and engaging with her replies.
- Sending a lot of playful responses and emojis.
- Reciprocating your interest by asking you questions too!
Now that you know when it’s time to turn a conversation into an off-the-app connection, it’s time to hone in on what truly matters.
Focus more on the quality of your matches than the quantity.
This helps you invest more time in connections with more long-term potential, which allows you to use your time wisely and focus on what is most important to you.
Stay encouraged as you spiff up your Hinge presence, review profiles, and send great comments, and remember that only one thing truly matters when it comes to all your time and effort on Hinge: forming authentic connections with women.
You can do that by showcasing your best self and starting intentional conversations with the women you feel drawn to!
Final thoughts on getting matches on Hinge
Let’s review what we went over today:
- Pick your photos thoughtfully,
- Follow the photo do’s and don’ts,
- Improve your answers to prompts,
- Make the most of your Hinge account,
- Leave engaging comments,
- Move great conversations off Hinge, and
- Focus more on the quality of your matches than the quantity.
Now, what about showcasing your best self to get more matches on Hinge in the first place?
For that, download our free ebook: “Why PUA Doesn’t Work for Introverts & What Works Instead.” It will walk you through a 3-step exercise to find what makes you uniquely attractive, which you can use to update your profile and get more matches!
Want to go next-level with your confidence in every part of your life? Check out Magnetic Confidence, our self-study program on becoming attractive to quality women, replacing “nice guy” patterns with genuine strength, and developing an unshakable sense of self. Learn more and enroll here!