Can extremely introverted men feel comfortable dating?
Happily, introverted men can absolutely feel comfortable dating when they follow these helpful ABC’s:
- Accept the fact that introverts and extroverts have different personality traits (meaning they need dating advice that matches who they are as unique people),
- Build genuine, lasting confidence in what makes them desirable, and
- Create (or follow) a dating strategy that aligns with their introverted personality type,
Understandably, many extremely introverted men feel uncomfortable at first when they begin to date.
We’re here to help you navigate these uncharted waters with confidence and ease.. Today, we’re going to cover each of these tips and explore how they relate to each other.
Why does “being comfortable” matter in the first place?
Enjoying success in dating starts with your confidence, and the foundation of your confidence is how comfortable you are being YOU!
Now, let’s dive in!
Accept dating advice that is actually effective for introverts
Do you ever feel like this IA reader (we’ll call him Stephen):
“I always tried to do what very extroverted outgoing guys would do to try to impress women, and it just didn’t feel authentic to me.
“I think I’ve grown more comfortable with who I am and recognizing there’s nothing wrong with me for not being super outgoing. I have unique aspects of my personality that I can let shine through, and those are much more compelling to tell my story.”
Too many people incorrectly believe that dating advice is one size fits all. If you’re an extremely introverted man, you know that nothing could be farther from the truth!
While small talk in large groups and high levels of volume, energy, and stimuli aren’t going to set you up for dating success, the good news is that there are plenty of other settings and pieces of advice that are incredibly effective for introverts!
Build a sense of confidence that won’t fold under pressure
We cannot emphasize strongly enough that your sense of self MUST come from within!
Confidence comes from knowing and owning who you are, what makes you special, and which of your unique traits are most magnetic to others.
That way, when you have a rough day or a discouraging interaction, your self-esteem remains entirely intact!
For more on this topic, don’t forget to download our free ebook: “Why PUA Doesn’t Work For Introverts & What Works Instead”. (Hint: Page 8 has a very helpful exercise that you won’t want to miss!)
Create a strategy that aligns with who you are as an extremely introverted man
Do some (or all) of these statements ring true for you?
- You enjoy solitude and relish an opportunity to read a book.
- While social events aren’t necessarily what introverts prefer, that doesn’t mean you want to stay home all the time, either.
- You spend a lot of time with your very close friends or a small group you feel comfortable around.
If you found yourself nodding your head to any of the above, our biggest advice for you is to intentionally select social contexts that play to your strengths as an extremely introverted man.
A bunch of anxious introverts simply aren’t going to experience the same kind of dating success at a loud, crowded bar as an extrovert would…
And in the same way, a group of gregarious extroverts couldn’t hold a candle to your magnetic, mysterious presence at a bookstore or coffee shop.
Conclusion on becoming comfortable with dating as an extremely introverted man
- Accept dating advice that’s actually designed for introverts,
- Build your confidence on an unshakeable foundation, and
- Create a strategic approach to dating that matches your personality.
Your Next Steps
If you’re thinking to yourself, “Creating a strategic approach to dating is much easier said than done!” then you are certainly correct!
In fact, that’s why Introverted Alpha exists: to take all the stress and guesswork out of the dating experience so that you can focus on personal growth and the results that naturally follow.
So, for personalized, well-researched support, consider our Launch Your Dating Life program.
With the reliable guidance of your very own Introverted Alpha dating coach, you’ll learn to…
- Be and feel sexually attractive,
- Meet and connect with great women, and
- Fill your dating funnel with quality dates.
Launch Your Dating Life is our 12-week high-touch, comprehensive program that will help you do all of the above (and more!), all while feeling more like yourself than ever!