The most effective dating apps for introverts
Not all dating opportunities are created equal, especially when considering online dating sites and apps!
As an introverted man, you have likely experienced this firsthand. You don’t feel your best when you’re in big groups or peer pressured by your well-meaning friends to drop a pick up line on a total stranger, so your wonderful personality doesn’t necessarily shine in those types of environments.
With online dating, you may have experienced similar feelings. Take Tinder, for example. Tinder is one of the most well-known platforms and a common place to start your online dating journey, yet it’s also a place where…
- What people are looking for can be unclear,
- The number of potential matches may feel way too crowded,
- Each person’s individual intentions are not specified,
- Superficial aspects (like appearance) far outweigh more important traits like kindness and intelligence, and
- The conversations that follow typically lack the depth that introverts long for.
While Tinder may not be one of the best dating apps for introverts, the good news is that there are plenty of other options that cater to your strength of character, depth, and energy you possess as an introverted man.
Today, we’re going to cover four of the best promising dating apps for introverts so that you can pick the one that feels right for you
The link between choosing the right dating app and experiencing a fulfilling relationship
When you can accept that not all physical locations or dating apps were made for you, then you get to ask yourself:
“What feels like the right fit for me?”
Now, let’s dive into the four best dating apps for introverts!
If you’re sick of superficial apps and shallow conversations, Hinge might be the best dating app for you.
Thanks to their playful, interesting, and honest prompts, you can skip some of the awkward small talk and start getting to know someone on a deeper level right away.
- The free version is very comprehensive.
- Intriguing prompts make initiating and giving direction to conversations easier.
- If you’re out of town or more comfortable seeing someone on video before you’re in person, Hinge can accommodate that with video dating.
- You have several options for how you want to interact (you can fully respond or simply like parts of profiles).
- Even if you both “like” parts of the other’s profile, the conversation could halt before it starts if nobody takes the initiative to send a message.
- The free version limits how many likes you can use per day.
Hinge is a great dating app for introverts because it helps users think of what to talk about with other people! Perhaps they leave a riddle for you to figure out, or they share about their favorite hobbies and you have some in common.
Hinge also gives you something to go off of in your first message, which makes it easier to form a connection that may lead to an in-person date!
Bumble is a perfect dating app for introverts who always want to keep their interactions respectful with women.
One of the most interesting aspects of this app is that as a man, once you’ve matched with someone, only the woman can initiate a conversation! This is great because it means you’ll have a better idea of which women actually want to talk to you.
Plus, matches expire after 24 hours, so both people are motivated to actually have a conversation if they’re genuinely interested in each other.
- Men don’t get messages from women who aren’t interested, so you’ll waste less time.
- There are a lot of users (which means more potential matches!), yet the atmosphere doesn’t feel too crowded.
- Since conversations expire after a day, the matches that aren’t going anywhere naturally fade away.
- If you don’t talk to your matches, you lose them. This motivates users to move the conversation off the app, get each other’s phone numbers, and actually set up a time to meet in-person.
- The 24-hour window of opportunity can feel a little rushed to some users, especially those who aren’t as tied to their phones as others.
- Some users see a lot of the same people on Bumble as Tinder. This makes sense, because the platforms share the familiar swiping concept. (FUN FACT: The founder of Bumble actually worked at Tinder before starting Bumble).
As an introverted man, initiating that first conversation often feels like the hardest part.
With Bumble, that’s taken care of for you! You’ll be receiving messages first for a change, and you won’t have to worry about making a woman feel awkward if she’s not interested in you.
Plus, the added urgency of the 24-hour window helps keep the connection moving forward. This allows you to relax a bit instead of stressing about how long it will take until she replies to you. Either she will reply within a day, or you can move onto other matches.
This takes some of the guesswork and awkward moments out of the first stages of a relationship!
3. Elite Singles
Have you heard of this platform? Elite Singles is a dating app that is based on an advanced personality test and a detailed algorithm. Designed for career-focused individuals, this app allows users to pick from a smaller pool of people that can really complement them well.
From their website, they boast:
- A high success rate: Thousands of singles find love through their dating site each month.
- Intelligent matchmaking: They continuously fine-tune their matchmaking algorithm to deliver the most relevant and active singles based on your preferences.
- Meet eligible American singles: Elite Singles is only for those who want a serious relationship. Over 90% of their members are 30+ and hold an above-average education.
- The comprehensive profiles provide more than enough information for you to determine whether you’d like to connect with someone or not.
- The users are working professionals who don’t have the time, energy, or desire to beat around the bush with small talk that leads nowhere. People on this app are serious about finding love.
- Their verification process and user privacy are taken very seriously.
- The questionnaire, personality test, and vetting process takes longer than other online dating apps.
- The free version doesn’t cut it, and users will need to be prepared to invest in a premium account to make the most of the dating site.
- Their algorithm doesn’t always cater to your location, so matches may be farther away than they would be on other apps.
If you’re looking for someone with a degree (or degrees!), a solid career, well-defined goals, and a no-nonsense approach to dating, Elite Singles might be the right dating app for you!
4. Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel is all about nurturing connections toward meaningful, in-person conversations. Like Elite Singles, Coffee Meets Bagel isn’t a casual, surface-level app for a quick dopamine surge because someone thought you were attractive.
In fact, their website says that over 90% of Coffee Meets Bagel users are looking for a serious relationship!
Another aspect that puts this site on our list of the best dating apps for introverts is that you won’t have to do as much browsing, which can waste a lot of time and energy. Instead, let Coffee Meets Bagel do the hard work for you! They send curated matches for you to consider.
- The platform prioritizes quality matches over quantity, so you’ll have less profiles to sift through with a higher success rate for the time you invest.
- Since other users are also looking for something serious, you won’t experience as much of the casual “hook up” culture you’ll find on Tinder.
- The app encourages you to spend time with matches in-person, so you won’t come off as pushy if you ask to hang out.
- The app limits the number of potential matches you can have per day.
- The smaller user base compared to other dating apps means there are fewer options.
- Some users complain that they come across the same profiles over and over.
Coffee Meets Bagel is used by men and women seeking a more serious connection, who don’t simply want to text all day. Since the app encourages hanging out, it feels less awkward to move your conversation off-app!
Conclusion on dating apps for introverts
Today, we went over four of the best online dating apps for introverts: Hinge, Bumble, Elite Singles, and Coffee Meets Bagel.
Your Next Steps
Here’s what to do next to make sure your dating and leadership skills keep improving:
- For more advice on this topic, read this article with 17 tips for online dating.
- Download our free ebook, “Why PUA Doesn’t Work for Introverts & What Works Instead” to build these dating skills on a foundation of confidence!
- For more personalized support, consider our Virtual Virtuoso program.
This is the perfect next step for you if you’ve been thinking that your “do it yourself” approach hasn’t been achieving the results you long for in your dating life.
Our custom 1:1 dating coaching program includes expert advice from someone who knows your exact situation. We’ll personally guide you along the way as you discover how to…
- Find out which apps to use,
- Select your best photos,
- Write the perfect profile, and
- Send great messages that lead to dates.
Stop guessing when it comes to online dating and become a Virtual Virtuoso today!